I have a riddle for you. What do 2nd graders and 5th graders (and the grades in between) all love? Hint: Ice cream (but that isn’t the right answer).
The correct answer is my brand-new coloring pages and I guarantee that you and your students will love them too. Coloring isn’t just for kindergarten anymore. The coloring craze is attracting all age groups. There are loads of bestselling coloring items on Amazon, even for teens and adults.
Why Use STEAM and Growth Mindset Coloring Pages?
The benefits of coloring for students are numerous and well supported.
Research indicates coloring may lower stress, increase creativity, develop fine motor skills, and improve attention spans.
The advantages for teachers are a low cost no prep activity with an outcome of calmer, better-behaved, and focused students. Sounds magical, right?
Well, it gets even better! I am offering sets of coloring pages especially designed for Science and STEAM educators. I have five sets ready for you:
- The Lab Safety Coloring Pages set contains 10 black and white printables with basic science class or lab rules. Your students will be engaged while the rules are reinforced, and their finished work makes colorful reminders hung around the classroom.
- The Makerspace Rules Coloring Pages set has 10 black and white printables with STEM Classroom or Makerspace rules. Your students will be on task straight away while being reminded of your expectations in the space.
- The Engineering Design Process Coloring Pages set consists of 10 black and white printables with the steps in the Engineering Design Process. Your students will master the EDP steps in no time.
- The two sets of STEAM and Growth Mindset Coloring Pages consist of 10 black and white printable pages each of STEAM-related and Growth Mindset quotes with a variety of text and background designs. They are the perfect addition to your STEM, STEAM Classroom, or Library Makerspace.
How Can I Use These STEAM and Growth Mindset Coloring Pages?
One of the things teachers love most about these coloring pages is their versatility. Why not try some of the ideas below?
- Put a few couple sheets in your sub tub.
- Use them as class rewards for good behavior.
- Make a mini center for early finishers.
- Mount them on black construction paper for a striking colorful display for Back to School Night.
- Use them as Bell Ringers. If you missed my post on STEM bell ringers, you can read it HERE.
- Utilize them as brain breaks or discussion prompts.
While your students are engaged in this activity, you will gain a few minutes to catch up on things, but also consider coloring along with your class, so you too can benefit from the therapeutic effects of coloring.
That’s all for now. I will be back soon with lots more ideas, tips, tricks, and products to help you save time and money and make your STEM teacher job easier.
I hope you will give these coloring pages a try. As always, if you try them out, let me know what you think and how you used them. Are there other topics you would like to see coloring posters for or other products you wish someone would make for you? If so, just drop me a line and I will see what I can do!
STEAM and Growth Mindset Coloring Pages Resources
Download all these STEAM and Growth Mindset Coloring Pages (and more) below when you sign up for an annual membership in Jewel’s School Gems Club. For just $47, you can download all these, as well as all existing resources on the website. Sign up today!